ARBI PICKLE RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
1/2 kg arbi
2 teaspoons ground methi seeds
4 1/2 teaspoons ground spices
4 teaspoons ground aniseed
3 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
4 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
1 1/2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
juice of 2 Lemons (Nimbu)
1 1/2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 small piece mace
Method to make this recipe : arbi pickle:
- Boil the arbi in salted water until nearly tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel and press a little.
- Fry the arbi in hot oil until brown. Remove from the fire, add vinegar,
ground spices, aniseed, Red chili pepper , methi, salt, lemon juice.
- Grated nutmeg, mace and cook till it leaves its oil.
- Cool and put in an airtight jar. Serve after two days.
- This pickle can be kept for 15 days in summer and two months in winter.