STUFFED MANGO PICKLE RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
2 kg Mangoes (Aam)
8 teaspoons mustard powder
3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds, roasted and ground
4 teaspoons full Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
8 teaspoons aniseed powder
2 teaspoons ground Onions seeds (Kalonji)
8 teaspoons ground spices
1 small piece of asafoetida
2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi) powder
8 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for the masala
1/2 teaspoon ajwain
1/2 litre Oil (Tel)
12 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for Mangoes (Aam)
Method to make this recipe : stuffed mango pickle (1):
- Wash the mangoes and dry.
- Make four cuts in each mango, taking care not to cut right through, and
remove the stones.
- Rub 12 teaspoons of salt and keep for 8 hours.
- Heat the oil, fry asafoetida in it till it becomes brown.
- Crush it and in the same oil, mix all the ground spices.
- Fill in the mangoes.
- Pack them in the jar and sprinkle the leftover masala over them.
- Pour the leftover oil over the mangoes.
- Keep in the sun for 2 to 3 days and then inside.
- Shake the pickle every other day for 15 days.