TURNIP CAULIFLOWER CARROT RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
2 1/2 kgs vegetables (Cauliflower (Phool gobi), Carrot (Gajar) and Turnips (Shalgam))
Take the weight after cleaning and cutting them. Cut the carrots into long pieces,
turnips into round slices and cauliflower into small pieces.
1/4 cup Ginger (Adrak)
3/4 cup Salt (Namak)
2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
200 grams jaggery
4 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
8 teaspoons ground spices
3 cups Oil (Tel)
6 teaspoons mustard powder
25 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
Method to make this recipe : turnip, cauliflower and carrot pickle (2):
- Boil water and remove it from the fire.
- Put the vegetables in it and keep it covered with a lid for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables in a basket to remove as much water as possible.
- Heat the oil till smoky, cool for 2 minutes.
- Fry ground garlic and ginger till brown.
- Cool the oil, then add 1/2 cup of water and cover the vessel with lid.
- Again put it on the fire and cook till water is evaporated.
- Add all the ingredients and vegetables and cook on a hot fire till it leaves
- Cool and put the pickle in the jar.
- Keep it in the sun for 8 days (in winter) and shake it daily.
- This pickle can be kept for six months or more. <