HYDERABADI BIRYANI RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
350 gms Basmati Rice
200 gms Potatoes
200 gms Carrots
100 gms Onions
4 Green Chilies
30 gms Ginger
20 gms Garlic
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 cup Curd
1 tsp Saffron
2 tbsp Milk
1/3 cup Mint ( Pudina leaves )
1/3 cup Coriander Leaves
4 tsp Rose Water
50 gms Cashewnuts
50 gms Almonds
25 gms Raisins
120 gms Ghee
Salt To taste
Method to make this recipe : hyderabad biryani :
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour. Drain the water. Put the
rice, some more water and add half the whole garam masala and salt in a pan.
- Bring the rice to a boil and cook until the rice is done. Drain and keep
- Dice the peeled potatoes and carrots and wash them. Slice the onions and
- Peel ginger and garlic and chop finely. Chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- Soak the almonds in water for half an hour and keep aside.
- Beat the curd in a bowl and divide into two equal portions.
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk and add it to one portion of the curd mixture.
- Heat ghee, add the remaining garam masala and sauté over medium heat until
it begins to crackle.
- Add onions until golden brown. Then add green chilies, ginger, garlic and
stir for a minute.
- Add turmeric and chili powder, saute for half a minute add the chopped vegetables
and stir for a minute.
- Add the portion of plain curd, stir, add 2/3 cup water, and bring to a boil,
then simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the dry fruits and nuts when the vegetables are done.
- In the handi with the cooked vegetables, sprinkle little saffron curd, mint
- Then spread half the rice and again sprinkle the remaining saffron-curd,
mint and coriander and top it with the remaining rice.
- Place a moist cloth on top, cover the lid tightly so that it gets sealed.
- Put the handi on dum in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the hyderabadi biryani hot with mint chutney and other vegetables.