CHICKEN CHETTINAD RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
2 tsp Poppy seeds
1/2 Grated coconut
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
6-8 no. Whole red chilies
1" stick Cinnamon
3 no. Green cardamom
2 no. Cloves
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 no. Onion, large
2 tsp Ginger, chopped
2 tsp Garlic, chopped
1/2 Star anise
1 tsp Red chili powder
3 no. Tomatoes, medium
1 no. Lemon
10-12 no. Curry leaves
Fresh coriander Garnish.
1/2 cup Oil
Salt To Taste
Method to make this recipe : chicken chettinad:
- Clean the chicken, remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes separately.
- Roast the whole red chilies, grated coconut, poppy seeds, coriander seeds,
cumin seeds, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seeds in oil
and grind to a paste for 20mts along with ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a vessel and fry the onions till golden, then add curry leaves
and the ground paste and sauté for some time.
- Add the tomatoes, red chili powder and turmeric powder and sauté.
- Add the chicken, mix and cook for 5 minutes and then add 2 cups of water
and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook till the chicken is done.
- Serve chicken chettinad hot garnished with coriander leaves and accompanied
with boiled rice, rotis or tandoori naan .