MURGH DO PYAAZA RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
1/2 -1 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4th cup ghee
4 large onions (chopped)
2 flakes garlic (crushed)
2 cups /142ml curd / plain yogurt
11/4th cups water
1 brown cardamom
12 black peppercorns
2 pieces cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
225gms tomatoes (peeled & halved)
1 medium onion (chopped and fried)
Method to make this recipe : murg do pyaaz:
- Cut the chicken into four or eight pieces. Mix the salt and lemon juice
and rub all over the chicken. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the first four spices. Stir well then
add the chicken, onion ,garlic and remaining spices.
- Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the curd / yogurt and stir for 5 minutes over a low heat. Add the water,
cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle the top with garam masala powder, arrange the tomatoes around the
dish and cover with the onion.
- Cook murgh do pyaaza over moderate oven (180 degree C, 350 degree F, gas
mark 4) for 10 minutes before serving.