RAJASTHANI GHEVAR RECIPE
Ingredients of this recipe:
3 cups Plain Flour
1 cup Ghee
4 cups water
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 tsp Yellow Colour
1 kg Ghee
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Water
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tbsp Almonds chopped
1 tbsp Pistachios
1 tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Saffron dissolved in milk
Method to make this recipe : rajasthani ghever :
- Prepare sugar syrup of 1 thread consistency and keep aside.
- In a large bowl put ghee.
- Add milk, flour and 1 cup water. Mix together to make a smooth batter.
- Dissolve colour in some water and add to batter. Add more water as required.
- Batter should be of running consistency.
- Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container.
- The height should be at least 12". And diameter 5-6".
- Fill half with ghee. Heat.
- When ghee is hot, take a 50 ml, glassful of batter.
- Pour in centre of ghee, slowly in one continuous threadlike stream.
- Allow foam to settle. Pour one more glassful in hole formed in centre.
- When foam settles again, loosen ghevar with an iron skewer inserted in hole.
- Place on a mesh to drain excessive oil.
- Keep sugar syrup in a wide flat bottomed container to fit in ghevar.
- Dip ghevar in it, and remove, keep aside on mesh to drain excess syrup .
- Cool a little, top with silver foil.
- Splash a few drops of saffron milk, sprinkle some chopped dryfruit and a
few pinches of cardamom powder.
- Ghevar is ready to be served.